Tips for running effective meetings is our new course. Organising and running effective meetings is a vital management skill that staff in most organisations need to be able to master.
However, many staff who are responsible for managing meetings have not been trained on the planning tools and skills that they need. This is stuff that we tend to pick up as we go along.
We have recently organised training for some Brussels based trade associations whose ‘business’ is delivered largely through working group meetings and technical committees. We see the problem as being a management issue, not just down to personal communication skills. You need to learn tips for running effective meetings.
Like any business activity we need to have at our disposal business planning tools that help us to fit our meetings plans to the business objectives of our organisation.
Secondly, it is about the chair or moderator who knows how to play the room. Some people have a natural aptitude and others don’t. But we can all learn from a checklist of best practices. In our training, we explore the strategies and techniques for running effective meetings.
We design customised training for organisations that includes:
Managing and Planning
- How to plan the strategic aims- business aims, audiences, messages
- Developing the communication messages that you want the audience to take away
- How to structure interventions that are precise and clear
Communication and management skills
- Manage the agenda timing – sticking to the programme
- Speaking skills – how to be assertive and inclusive
Managing the stages of meetings
- Opening – how to paint the big picture
- Recognise the mood – and gain support for a change of discussion (hot potatoes)
- Steer the interventions and summarise
- Relate to the big picture and future events, meetings, work
- Promote the added value of the organisation
For more information on how we can design a training course for your organisation https://communicatingeu.com/communication-skills/chairing-meetings/
Call us to find our some tips for running effective meetings.
Don’t you love the visual? This has been reproduced with kind permission of IntuiQuickBase