Managing people – for managers who need to get the best from staff
Managing people is for middle and senior managers who have to delegate tasks and give feedback that encourages staff to develop their skills and motivates teams. This management training is ideal for managers who have recently taken up line management responsibilities or are in charge of new teams.
Our managing people training will explore the skills that managers require in order to effectively run their teams. The training is underpinned with the behavioural competencies.
- To understand and practise techniques for delegating work to staff effectively.
- To ensure that the managers understand and can use their people management skills to lead teams. Part of this involves being self aware of their own skills and competencies.
- To give them a broad understanding of leadership styles (consultative, participative, benevolent) and which styles can be applied to their teams.
- To understand how they can involve and motivate staff to work together and to set challenging targets whilst providing support.
- How to give feedback that is relevant useful and encourages professional development of all staff.
Participants should have reflected on the aspects of team working that affect their work. They should be able to identify the things that they are doing right and areas where they need to work on. The aim is to encourage all staff to work with teams more often and value and measure the benefits.
People learn best by doing, not by listening. The management training sessions will include a variety of learning activities which include brainstorming, simulations, problem solving, group and individual presentations, video recorded interviews with feedback.
This management training programme includes 1-day or half-day sessions for organisations and individuals. We suggest a maximum group size of 10 people and we ask people to commit to some homework.
Format – face-to-face and online
Face-to-face: We bring people together in groups at your office or training centre.
Webinars and online coaching: We run webinars for groups and online follow up coaching for individuals.
Online learning: We provide learners with online reading materials, tasks and cheat sheets.
Follow up training
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 473 391890 or +32(2)880 3744 or at firstname.lastname@example.org