The aim of this media training is to provide participants with the knowledge and practice of successful media interviews.
It is natural to fear media interviews. We cannot afford to make mistakes, talk out of turn or even make the wrong facial gestures in front of the cameras. Our media training is designed to give your confidence and practice. We work with experienced and qualified journalists who have trained numerous spokespeople from a range of public sector and corporate organisations.
Course content – how to take control of interviews
- What journalists want and do not want from spokespeople
- The importance of key messages and memorable examples/proof points
- How to bridge from questions to talking points
- Gaining confidence and maintaining clarity (avoiding jargon)
- Different formats – down-the-line Skype, smartphone, print, broadcast
- Recognising and avoiding common tricks, traps, and pitfalls
Media training – live interviews and video analysis
The media training is highly practical and we will prepare real-life media interview scenarios for participants to practise. We do not do role plays – all the interview scenarios will be tailored to the context of your organisation and to the most likely media encounters (live broadcast, down-the-line, Skype, print, smartphone).
Our feedback is insightful and constructive, and will focus not only on the content of the interview, but also the degree to which the participants have managed to control the interview, the language they used, their tone of voice, intonation, and also their appearance and body language .
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 (0)473 39 18 90 or at email@example.com