Learn to draft papers that achieve your policy aims
When writing position papers you need to take account of the key ingredients of message development, stakeholder analysis, and lobbying techniques.
Our training will teach you to:
- Learn about strategic communications behind position papers – including communication aims, messages, and audiences
- Apply these strategic aspect to your writing
- Develop key and sub messages for your position papers
- Discover how you can help your audiences by structuring your paragraphs, sentences and through effective word choice.
Writing position papers – what to expect
We spend time analysing what makes a great piece of writing. We show you examples of good and not-so-good pieces of writing and ask you make judgments and draw conclusions.
Writing position papers – course content
Structure and format
- Types of argumentation
- How to express recommendations, warnings, conclusions
- Structure and layout of position papers (executive summary, main body, conclusions)
- Drafting by committee – editing terms
Messages and target audiences
- Expressing the right core messages in copy
- Adapting style and content for target audiences (policy makers)
Writing and drafting
- Turning EU jargon into clear, plain language
- Appropriate tone, technical level, and formality
You will re-draft your own texts and we will use an on-line tool to evaluate what improvements you have made.
We organise 1 day workshops or a series of half day sessions for organisations and individuals. We suggest a maximum group size of 12 people and we ask people to send us samples of their writing for assessment. We can also set written assignments and give feedback on accuracy and clarity.
This is tailor-made training that we can organise at your offices or an outside venue at Schuman, Merode or Malbeek.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: 0032 (0) 473 391890 or at email@example.com