Learn how to write for your website and social media
Writing for the web is an essential skill for all staff who have to communicate their activities to their target audiences. More and more of us have to be able to write texts for our organisation’s websites. We often have to translate and distill complex information that come from reports and position papers. This writing for the web course helps people to edit and organise writing for on-line audiences.
Writing for the web – course objectives
- Learn how people read on-line texts
- Adapt and edit complex texts so they are suitable for websites
- Learn how to structure web texts with focus key words
- Learn the importance of snippets and meta descriptions in web texts
- Learn about key words so that your website is noticed by search engines
- How to write content that helps your readers navigate your website
What to expect
We will analyse your website and who you best practice examples of websites from trade associations and other European and international organisations. Then you then take this learning and practise on your own website.
Writing for the web – course content
- Reading behaviour – skim and scan reading. How people read texts (hard copy) and websites.
- The use of key words for SEO optimisation
- How web content is mixed with images, videos and links
- How to write effective web links
- Website content – how to write clear, simple headings and sentences
- How to improve your links, levels and structure to help readers to navigate and stay on the website
- Writing for social media and blogs. Best practice and a checklist.
We will use refer to your website throughout the training and you will get the opportunity to practise the principles on your own texts. We will also use an on-line tool to see how well your key words and texts are registered in search engines.
We organise 1 day workshops or a series of half day sessions for organisations and individuals. We suggest a maximum group size of 12 people and we ask people to send us samples of their writing for assessment. We can also set written assignments and give feedback on accuracy and clarity.
This is tailor-made training that we can organise at your offices or an outside venue at Schuman, Merode or Malbeek.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: 0032 (0) 473 391890 or at firstname.lastname@example.org