Writing skills training with assessed writing tasks
Writing is a difficult skill. How you write reveals a lot about your thought processes. Clear writing indicates clear thinking. Cloudy, mangled writing lets you down.
Let’s be clear – you will not improve your writing on an isolated 1-day course. You can improve if you practise and get feedback on your writing from a trainer. We are the only training company that gives you pre-course writing tasks that we review with ‘tracked changes’ comments and recommendations.
- The elements of effective professional writing – clear, simple, precise
- Style – technical level, jargon and formality
- Word choice – use of strong verbs, reduction of meaningless words
- Vocabulary – word partnerships and natural English
- Paragraph structure – topic sentences, linking, flow of ideas
- Sentences – active sentences, simple structure
- Grammar and punctuation – common problems
What you take away – assessed written tasks
You send us sample of your writing and we will assess and make tracked changes comments to help you understand the areas you need to work on. You take way a version of your text with notes that will help you to adjust your writing. This is the only way to learn and no other training company provides this level of support.
This training requires a commitment from staff to attend face-to-face sessions and complete writing, editing and grammar tasks. Our training format includes
- A review / assessment with tracked changes comments on a text your have written (a report, meeting notes, briefings, correspondence)
- Face-to-face training sessions to review learning points and practice.
- Assessed writing tasks to edit review or reformat a piece.
- Follow up support (optional) – via email, Skype or FaceTime
This programme includes 1-day or half-day sessions for organisations and individuals. We suggest a maximum group size of 10 people and we ask people to send us samples of their writing for assessment. We set written assignments and give feedback on accuracy and clarity.
Follow up training
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 473 391890 or +32(2)880 3744 or at firstname.lastname@example.org