Presentation skills for people who want to speak with confidence.
Some people are natural presenters others need to learn and practise techniques. This public speaking skills training is for staff who want feel comfortable and prepared when they have to speak at events, conference or meetings.
- Use vocal techniques to add impact – intonation, pauses, speed, word stress
- Speak clearly – enunciate sounds and project the voice
- Control hand gestures, facial expressions and body language.
- Convey key messages that tell a story
- Creating and use simple and effective PowerPoint slides
- Be ready to respond effectively to a range of questions from your audience
- Use breathing techniques to relax and moderate your speaking
The training sessions will include a variety of learning activities which include video recorded presentations with feedback.
Video recording and playback
The most useful practice activity is to be recorded and receive feedback from the trainer. You will prepare and deliver three short presentations which will be recorded. The feedback includes comments on the vocal and non-verbal techniques, delivery of clear messages, visual aids, how to respond to questions and manage nerves. Throughout the training we discuss a checklist of factors that make presentations memorable and clear. We also watch and analyse videos of other speakers.
What you take away
You will be given your three short presentations recorded on MP4 format. You will also receive notes on presentations skills and checklist that is discussed in the group. The training session is only the first step in a long process of improvement. You will be able to refer to the notes and watch your videos to help prepare future presentations and develop your confidence. All this in one day. No other training company goes this far to help coach you and improve your presentation skills.
This training requires a commitment from staff to attend face-to-face sessions and re-write and rehearse your presentation. Our training format includes
- A pre-course task that includes reading some notes, watching videos and completing a task
- Face-to-face training sessions to review learning points and practice.
- Training task for homework to re-write and rehearse a presentation.
- Follow up support (optional) – via email, Skype or FaceTime
This programme includes 1-day or half-day sessions for organisations and individuals. We suggest a maximum group size of 10 people and we ask people to send us samples of their PowerPoint materials.
Follow up training
We can tailor a programme to include Chairing Meetings Skills or Media Training. Our clients often ask for follow up training in Advanced Writing skills so that staff are well practised in developing both spoken and written messages.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 473 391890 or +32(2)880 3744 or at email@example.com