Techniques to achieve your meeting aims
Chairing meetings is a crucial skill for staff in Brussels. The ability to control with confidence is vital to ensuring that your meetings achieve a positive outcome. It is about projecting messages with confidence whilst at the same time listening carefully.
This chairing meetings training is for staff at EU trade associations, foundations, corporate public affairs and regional offices who have to chair and manage working group meetings with their members as well as policy makers in the EU institutions.
What to expect in the training
The most useful practice task for chairing meetings training is to be recorded and receive feedback from the trainer. Staff will be made aware of their strengths and areas to work on and will have more confidence to chair and present at working group meetings.
Detailed course content for chairing meetings
We explore the strategies and techniques for chairing effective meetings
Managing and Planning
- How to plan the strategic aims- business aims, audiences, messages
- Developing the communication messages that you want the audience to take away
- How to structure an intervention that is precise and clear
Communication and management skills
- Manage the agenda timing – sticking to the programme
- Speaking skills – how to be assertive and inclusive
Managing the stages of meetings
- Opening – how to paint the big picture
- Recognise the mood – and gain support for a change of discussion (hot potatoes)
- Steer the interventions and summarise
- Relate to the big picture and future events, meetings, work
- Promote the added value of the organisation
We organise 1 day workshops for organisations and individuals. This training works for groups of up to 18 people.
This is tailor-made training that we can organise at your offices or at our place at Rue de la Science.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: 0032 (0) 473391890 or at firstname.lastname@example.org